fullday at Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
Elephant Show & Riding
|JOIN tour||฿ 2,300||฿ 1,700|
Child : less than 6years and less than 120cm) Infant (0-2years) : free
You will be picked up from your place of accommodation in the morning, and travel around 1.5 hours from Chiang Mai to the Sanctuary. Breathe clear mountain air as you drive through the beautiful agricultural countryside of Northern Thailand, and get a glimpse of local life outside of the city. When you arrive at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, an English-speaking guide will walk with you to the Sanctuary and teach you a little about elephants and the local way of life. Get changed into traditional Karen clothing, listen as your guide tells you more about the Sanctuary, grab some bananas and sugar cane for feeding, and you will be ready to meet the elephants!
Then you will meet and interact with each of our friendly elephants personally. Learn about elephant’s behavior and discover the unique and interesting history of each elephant as you touch, play, feed, and photograph them. Once you have met and spent time with each of the elephants, you can retire to a relaxing platform overlooking a picturesque river and jungle. There, you will enjoy a delicious lunch of traditional Thai food and fresh fruit before being re-united with your elephant friends.
At this point during the day, you will walk alongside the elephants to a nearby river and join them for a bath in the refreshing water. Here, you will have the opportunity to bathe and brush the elephants while they enjoy wading through the water. Next, it will be time for a therapeutic mud spa. Feel free to get muddy as you cover the elephants in a protective layer of mud. Have fun playing with them and watch as they joyfully frolic in the mud spa.
When it’s time to say goodbye to the elephants, you can take some final photos with them to preserve this precious memory, then head upstream and wash off your remaining mud, or relax with a swim in the fresh, clean water. Finally, you will change clothes and take a scenic walk back through the Karen village. You will then part ways with your local guide, and return to Chiang Mai, experiencing the drive through picturesque rural scenery in the pleasant glow of the afternoon sun.
- Pick up from your hotel or accommodation between 08.00 and 08.30 am.
- Drive approximately 1.5 hours outside of Chiang Mai through rural landscapes, agricultural areas, and forested hills.
- Arrive at the Sanctuary. Meet your guide and walk for 10-15 minutes through the Jungle to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Change into traditional Karen clothing. Enjoy an introductory lesson about elephant anatomy, history, and behavior.
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in their natural home as you learn about their behaviour and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Enjoy a lunch of traditional Thai food and fresh fruit.
- Learn how to make herbal medicine balls, feed the Elephants and then walk with the elephants to the river. Bathe and brush the elephants.
- Join the elephants for a therapeutic mud spa. Swim in the river and take photos with the elephants.
- Change clothes and say good bye to the elephants
- Leave the Sanctuary and return to Chiang Mai.
- Drop off at your hotel or accommodation at about 5.30pm.
* Please Note: At the Sanctuary, we will allow you to spend as much time as possible with the elephants. Therefore, there is no formal schedule and aside from pick-up times, the times shown here are approximations.
We are giving elephants a place to live free from danger or harm and keep our elephants together as a family. We don’t torture our elephants in order to train them because to us elephants are part of the family, so we do not allow any tourist to ride them. We want people to realize that these lovely creatures should be treated with love and care instead of abusing them.
A full-day Elephant Jungle Sanctuary package offers visitors the opportunity to get to know each of the remarkable elephants and gain a special understanding of their daily lives and behaviors. Experience life with the elephants in their natural home – A freely roamed environment which is both safe and sustainable. Located beside a Karen village in a densely forested mountainous region, the Sanctuary is surrounded by spectacular jungle scenery.
What to Bring / What to wear
: Hat, Towel, Bathing Suit, Walking Shoes, Change of Clothes, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent,
Tour type : Join tour / no minimum person requirments
Duration : approximately 9.5hrs (8.00am – 5.30pm)
Operated by: Elephant Jungle Sanctuary