Morning halfday at Elephant Jungle Sanctuary
Elephant Show & Riding
|JOIN tour||฿ 1,700||฿ 1,300|
Child : less than 6years and less than 120cm) Infant (0-2years) : free
On the morning of your visit, you will be picked up from your place of accommodation and will drive for approximately 1.5 hours through scenic agricultural areas, hills, and forest before arriving at the Sanctuary. There you will meet your English-speaking guide and learn a little about the elephants, before changing into traditional Karen clothing.
After being allocated bananas and sugar cane to feed to the elephants, you will walk with your guide through the Sanctuary, where you will find free-roaming elephants and hear their individual stories. You can touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviors. After you have met all the elephants, you will accompany them to a nearby mud spa. Get muddy with the elephants as you apply a healthy cosmetic mud treatment to their skin. Next, you will walk with the elephants to a nearby river and join them in the water for a refreshing bath. Take a swim and help bathe and brush the elephants while they wade through and play in the water.
Once the elephants are clean, you can take some final photos with them, and then it will be time to part ways with your new friends and change into some dry clothes. Finally, eat some snacks and seasonal fresh fruit before enjoying once again the impressive rural scenery as you drive back to Chiang Mai.
- Pick up from your hotel or accommodation (Morning pick up time : 6.30 -7.00 am)
- Drive approximately 1.5 hours South of Chiang Mai through rolling hills, forest, and local farming areas.
- Arrive at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Learn about the elephants and change into traditional Karen clothing.
- Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in a natural environment as you learn about their behavior and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- Mud Spa with the elephants
- Walk with the elephants to a river and bathe them.
- Eat a traditional meal and then say goodbye to the elephants.
- Leave the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary and drive approximately 1.5 hours to Chiang Mai.
- Drop off at your hotel or accommodation at around 1.30 pm on Morning time or 6.30 pm on Afternoon time.
* Please Note: At the Sanctuary, we will allow you to spend as much time as possible with the elephants.
Therefore, there is no formal schedule and aside from pick-up times, the times shown here are approximations.
We are giving elephants a place to live free from danger or harm and keep our elephants together as a family.
We don’t torture our elephants in order to train them because to us elephants are part of the family, so we do not allow any tourist to ride them.
We want people to realize that these lovely creatures should be treated with love and care instead of abusing them.
A half-day package to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary offers visitors an enjoyable opportunity to spend quality time with elephants in their natural home, as well as gain an insight into their history and behavior, and create cherished lifelong memories of their time spent with these amazing animals.
Visitors to the Sanctuary will also be privileged enough to meet and interact with members of the Karen tribe, and witness stunning views of the surrounding jungle and mountains – All while interacting personally with friendly, happy elephants in a safe and sustainable environment.
What to Bring / What to wear
: Hat, Towel, Bathing Suit, Walking Shoes, Change of Clothes, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent, Camera (Optional)
Tour type : Join tour / no minimum person requirments
Duration : approximately 7hrs (6.30am – 1.30pm) or (11.30am – 6.30 pm)
Operated by: Elephant Jungle Sanctuary